CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005 vs. Exam SK0-004
CompTIA Server+ certification exam validates the skills necessary to be a server administrator. The successful candidate will be able to identify environmental issues, understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures, be familiar with industry terminology and concepts, and understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment.
CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 Exam Domains
- Server Architecture (12%)
- Server Administration (24%)
- Storage (12%)
- Security (13%)
- Networking (10%)
- Disaster Recovery (9%)
- Troubleshooting (20%)
CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 Exam Domains
- Server Hardware Installation and Management (18%)
- Server Administration (30%)
- Security and Disaster Recovery (24%)
- Troubleshooting (28%)
The major changes from the prior version include:
- Automation, scripting and virtualization to optimize server management
- On-premises and hybrid server environments to accommodate both enterprise and small business needs.
- Performance-based questions that assess a candidate’s hands-on technical ability
- Server administration and troubleshooting of both on-premises and remote servers
- Cloud computing concepts as they apply to server administration and maintenance
Compared to SK0-004, SK0-005 contains fewer exam objectives, which represents the changing nature of the job role into a more highly-focused and dedicated server administrator. Much of the topics are still covered in the new exam, but are combined into the four domains.
CompTIA’s Server+ exam validates foundation-level server skills and knowledge, Successful candidates will have mastered the following concepts:
CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 (English language version) will retire on: late December 2021.
The new Server+ SK0-005 exam released in May 18, 2021.
Available from: Server+ practice Exam
Old Exam Number: Server+ SK0-004
New Exam Number: Server+ SK0-005
Please refer following link for Server+ SK0-005 study guide.