Comptia A+ is among the most popular computer hardware and operating systems certification, offered by Comptia organization. Most questions have been answered below. If you have any specific questions, please email webmaster [at] certexams.com.
1. What is CompTIA A+?
The Computing Technology Industry Association(CompTIA) A + is the most widely recognized certification in the field of computer hardware and operating systems for those beginning their career in IT. The exam i++s designed to certify the competency of entry-level PC computer service professionals in installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers.
2. What is the history of CompTIA A+ certification?
CompTIA is abbreviation for Computer Technology Industry Association, which was found in 1982 under the name of the association of better computer dealers. The history of CompTIA A + certification dates back to 1993, when the first A + certification test was developed as a way for new technicians to demonstrate efficiency when performing installation, repair and maintenance of various computer tasks. In 2003 the A+ certification requirements were updated, and the candidates were required to pass two different exams to get A+ certification one is A+ Core Hardware and other is A+ Core operating system technologies exams. After that CompTIA Updates its requirements for every 3 years.
3. What are the Pre-requisites required for CompTIA A+?
No prerequisites for taking A+ Certification, candidate must pass A+ Core 1 220-1001 and Core 2 220-1002 exams to obtain A+ certification offered by CompTIA.
4. Is the A+ Certification Worth It or Not?
If you do not have industry experience it is definitely worth taking an A + certification, which is usually good for entry level in IT.
5. How much does the CompTIA A+ Certification Costs?
It Costs $219 per exam
6. What are the exam codes for CompTIA A+?
The current exam codes for CompTIA A+ are A+ Core 1(220-1001) and (220-1002)
7. How do i get my A+ Certification and what exams do i need to Pass to get A+?
There is no Single exam to get CompTIA A+ certification, You have to pass two different exams if you want to get A+ certification One is A+ Core 1 (220-1001) and A+ Core 2(220-1002).
8. How many questions does the A+ exam have?
Maximum of 90 questions per exam
9. What is the passing score and time limit for the CompTIA A+ exams?
Examination time: 90 minutes per exam
- A+ Core 1(220-1001): 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
- A+ Core 2(220-1002) : 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
You may visit https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a#examdetails for more details of A+ certification Exam.
10. Is it difficult to get certified in CompTIA A+?
Yes, its difficult to pass if you are not well prepared. It requires lot of dedication, hard work and very precise study guides and books for your preparation. CertExams.com is one of the popular website that offers A+ online preparation.
11. How long does it take to prepare for CompTIA A+?
The time required to prepare for the A+ exam is depends on a person and his efforts. If you are an experienced candidates hardly it will take less than a month. If you are not an experienced it takes couple of months to prepare.
12. What kind of questions are on the CompTIA A+?
The CompTIA A+ exams having Multiple Choice(both single and multiple answers), Drag and Drop, and performance based questions.
13. What are the best resources to prepare CompTIA A+ Certification?
There are several web sites that offers A+ exam study guides, Practice tests, lab exercises and reference books. Check it out
14. How difficult is to pass A+?
It is not difficult to pass the exam if you have done well in practicing exams. So before taking the real exam you should practice the sample exams as much as possible and there are lot of websites that offers practice tests so you may go and check.
15. What are the Advantages of CompTIA A+ Certification?
- A+ certification will provides best career opportunities to build your career in the IT industry.
- The CompTIA A+ certification is a big source of higher salary, satisfaction, a larger base of career choices, proving that you are serious about your career and that you are offering employers many benefits to hire you.
- It’s easy to get promoted with a good hike
- People with CompTIA A + certification earn 5 to 15% more salaries than those without certification
16. Can I get a job with just CompTIA A+ certification?
Yes, definitely you will get job with your A+ certification but not in all companies because some companies seeking for experienced persons also.
17. What jobs can I get with CompTIA A + certification?
- Service desk analyst
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- End-user computing technician
- Help desk technician
- System support specialist
18. What is the Difference between new A+ core 1 220-1001 and old A+ essential 220-901 (previous version of the exam)?
CompTIA A+ 900 series added cloud concepts and placed a larger emphasis on Windows operating systems and A+ Core 1 exam series expands or puts more interest on the areas of security, Cloud, Networking and Device Connectivity, reducing the importance on hardware, mobile and Windows.
A+ Core 1 220-1001 exam objectives:
1.0 Mobile Devices 14%
2.0 Networking 20%
3.0 Hardware 27%
4.0 Virtualization and Cloud Computing 12%
5.0 Hardware and Network Troubleshooting 27%
A+ essential 220-901 exam objectives:
1.0 Hardware 34%
2.0 Networking 21%
3.0 Mobile devices 17%
4.0 Hardware and network troubleshooting 28%
19. I already passed CompTIA A+ 220-901, but i haven’t taken 220-902 yet. Is it possible to take 220-902?
No, Its not possible because CompTIA 220-901& 902 was expired on 31st July 2019 now 1001&1002 series are the certification exams for A+. If want to achieve A+ certification start your preparation from the first because CompTIA doesn’t allow two different series for the same certification.
20. What does the A+ Core 1 exam consists of?
CompTIA A+ Core exam covers in the areas of Mobile devices, Networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
21. What is New in CompTIA A+ Core 220–1000 series?
- A greater dependency on networking and device connectivity
- General extension of base line security concepts for the IT Support role, including physical vs logical security concepts, measure, malware and more.
- A dramatically different approach in defining competency in operational procedures including basic disaster prevention and recovery and scripting basics
22. What are the key areas to prepare A+ core 1?
The A+ Core 1 exam covers following areas you need to prepare to get passed
- Mobile Devices
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
23. What are the Key areas to pass to A+ core 2 exam?
The most important topics that covers A+ Core 2 exam is:
- Operating Systems
- Computer Security
- Software Troubleshooting
- Operational Procedures
24. I failed the A+ exam in First Go, How soon can I re-appear for the exam?
If you failed in any CompTIA certification exam in your first go there is no waiting period between 1st and 2nd attempts to pass that exam. However, before your third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination you must wait at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your last attempt.
25. Where can I take the exam?
Online testing offers you the ease and convenience to test for your certification from any quiet, distraction-free and secure location at anytime.
Choose online testing if you want:
A secure and easy way to test from home, a closed-door office or any place that has a private area available to you
The flexibility to schedule your exam at any hour convenient to you
Technical support if something goes wrong during your exam sessionFor online testing, you’ll need a:
Quiet, enclosed, private location
Reliable device that meets system requirements and has a webcam
Strong, consistent internet connection with a minimum speed of 1 Mbps down/up
CompTIA In-person Testing provides you with testing options at any of the thousands of Pearson VUE test centers located around the world.
Choose in-person testing if you:
Don’t have access to a private, distraction-free location
Don’t have reliable Internet access
Have limited understanding of written and spoken English or other language barriers
Check out detailed information here:
26. Where can get any lab simulator for hands on experience?
Check out certexams.com lab simulator for A+ exam at https://routersimulator.certexams.com/aplus-lab-simulator.html
Disclaimer: CertExams.com is neither associated nor affiliated with CompTIA® or any other company. A+™, Network+™, Security+™, Server+™ are trademarks of CompTIA® organization and duly acknowledged. The Cram Notes and practice tests material is a copyright of CertExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies.