1. What is CCNA?
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is one of the popular certificates offered by Cisco. The whole course focuses on Network which includes how to plan, create, manage, and troubleshoot the network. CCNA covers the basic knowledge of IP protocols, LAN Switching Technologies, WAN Technologies, Routing Technologies, and other concepts.
2. What is the history of CCNA?
CCNA certification was developed by Cisco in 1998. It was originally called a Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) in 1993 and it was created by Mr. Stuart Biggs. The CCIE was aimed towards networking skills in those days.
3. Types of CCNA Exams?
There used to be 10 types of certs, now, Cisco has discontinued all the exams except CCNA. The certification line has been fully revised. Specialty exams have been included in CCNP.
4. How many questions are there in CCNA exam, and how much time is given to answer them?
As of now, you have 90 minutes to answer 50-55 questions in the CCNA exam. If your native language is not English, Cisco allows you a 30-minute exam time extension. Check with the exam center.
5. What is the career scope in CCNA?
The scope of CCNA is increasing for every passing day. Most of the organizations, schools, firms, are using Cisco products for their networking needs. CCNA is the major requirement either you start your job as a network engineer or start your own business of networking products or networking services.
6. How much does the CCNA Exam 200-301cost? And how the score is required to pass the exam?
It now costs $325
The passing score is 825/1000. Check with official site for up to date information.
7. What is the need for CCNA?
Once you are CCNA Certified, Then will stand in a row of CCNA certified which lead to getting a job quick compared to people who are not certified. You could expect to see a raise in your salary. CCNA is globally accepted certificated among different countries.
8. What are the pre-requisite required for CCNA Certification?
No Prerequisites, yes you heard it right. CCNA is an entry-level certificate that leads towards the networking domains offered by Cisco. The only thing is you should have a basic knowledge of networking.
9. Which exam do I need to take achieving CCNA certification?
- Pass the CCNA exam (200-301).
Appointments can be made in advance or on the day you wish to take the test. You can cancel or reschedule the exam before 24 hours of the exam. You can get the refund in case you cancel the exam before 24 hours or more. You should valid English ID with you and it should have a photo of you on it.
10. What is the exam number of CCNA?
The current exam number of Cisco Certified Network Associate is 200-301.
11. What are the benefits of CCNA certification?
- For sure you are going to increase the knowledge and broaden your understanding of this concept on how it works.
- Chance of getting promoted is easy with a good hike.
- CCNA Certification helps in stable employment in the reputed IT firms
- Even if you are from a non-technical background you can become a CCNA certified by clearing the examination.
- The certification keeps you active in all the latest trends and technology.
- CCNA certification will lead to many other certifications like CCNP security, CCNP wireless, and many other certifications
12. Is CCNA tough exam?
If you are new to networking it a tough exam, but not for who have hands-on experience. There are a lot of new concepts to grasp.
13. I need to know if the exam questions are the same in all the countries.
It is most likely, the exam questions are the same in all countries. But notice that Cisco has a pool of questions and each time you take the exam, a number of random questions will show up so you will not see all the same questions as the previous exam.
14. Which CCNA Course is best?
If you are fresher then start with CCNA, then choose the specialty after that. CCNA proves yourself for the other certifications. One big change with respect to earlier rules is that you don’t have to pass CCNA to take CCNP exams! If you are already working in the networking industry, you may continue with CCNP exams directly!
15. What exam do I need to pass to achieve CCNA certification?
You just need to pass a single exam, CCNA exam number 200-301.
16. What are the key areas to pass CCNA?
The CCNA exam covers many areas of networking. The most important topics are sub netting, routing (RIP and OSPF) and access lists. It is important that you read thoroughly all other topics too!
17. Any calculator or mobile phone is allowed inside the exam hall? How do we calculate subnets etc.?
You are not allowed to bring a calculator, mobile or anything else to the exam room. You can’t use the virtual calculator in Windows, too. You will receive a piece of paper or a small board to write everything you need during the exam.
18. In the real exam, I clicked “Next” after choosing the answer; can I go back for reviewing?
No, this is a very important thing about the CCNA exam. You can just go forward! You can visit http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/wwtraining/certprog/training/cert_exam_tutorial.html to be familiar with the exam interface.
19. I failed the exam. How soon can I re-appear for the exam?
Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
20. I passed CCNA. What next?
You have several options, viz 1) You can proceed to CCNP certification, or 2) Work on concentration CCNA courses such as CCNA Cloud or CCNA Security, or 3) Join a job and pursue practical skills, or 4) You can try other certs like MCSE (Systems Admin from Microsoft).
21. Can we get a job with just a CCNA certificate?
Yes, when you know and understand the technology covered in the exam and can demonstrate in the interview. The goal shouldn’t just pass the exam here the knowledge matters.
22. One I get CCNA certified, will this certification expire?
CCNA certification is valid for three years. To recertify, pass the current CCNA exam, or pass a CCNP Concentration exam (wireless, security, voice), or pass the current CCDP exam, or pass Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams), or pass a current CCIE . Please check with official site for complete list of eligible exams for recertification validity.
23. Will I lose my job after my CCNA certificate expires?
No, you won’t lose your job after your CCNA certificate expires. Even if your certification expires the real-world experience makes you eligible for the job. I suggest before CCNA expires do CCNP for better future growth.
26. What are the job opportunities after doing CCNA certificate?
- Technical Support Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Network Engineer
- System Engineer (Computer Network/IT)
- Network Administrator
- System Administrator and There are many other professional roles
27. Is CCNA required to get CCNP certified?
No, to get CCNP certificate one need not be certified in CCNA. To understand CCNP you should be good at CCNA.
29. What is CCNA syllabus?
This exam tests your knowledge and skills related to:
Automation and programmability
One can get the CCNA PDF cram notes for the above-mentioned syllabus.
31. Where can I register for the exam?
For Cisco Certifications, you can register online, by telephone, or by walk-in at Nearest Pearson VUE Centre. You can apply for Cisco Certification Exam in two ways:-
You can directly Visit Nearest Pearson VUE Centre and apply. Locate nearest Pearson VUE center from here
You can Apply Online by visit Pearson VUE Official Website http://www.vue.com/cisco/
32. What changes have been made in the CCNA certification from February 2020?
Cisco has now unified all of its 10-11 certificates into one CCNA certificate. There will be no CCENT or ICND1 and ICND2 exams in the newly announced Cisco certifications after 24th Feb 2020.
33. What are the questions types asked in CCNA exam?
Generally, these are the types of questions asked in the CCNA exam
- Multiple choice questions with a single answer
- Multiple choice questions with multiple answers
- Drag and drop type questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Simulation type questions
34. How is the CCNA exam conducted?
Most of the Cisco Certification Exams are delivered in a secured and proctored (Which means you are watched by cameras) environment at Person VUE Test Centres and these centers are available throughout the world.
35. Does CCNA have to do programming?
No, CCNA does not require any programming; it requires commands which is a need in the networking industry. The programming is required when you choose SDN (Software Defined Networking).
36. How much time should I spend on each sim?
You should not spend more than 15 minutes for each sim. Recall that you only have 90 minutes so if you spend 15 minutes for each sim x3 sims = 45 minutes. The 45 minutes left is for solving 40-45 MCQs.