The Network Simulator w/ Designer for CCNA (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) provides a virtual lab environment where a router/switch network may be visualized and the candidate can have hands-on practice in a simulated environment.
Important features of Network Simulator
- Simulate Cisco® IOS routers (805, 806, 1710, 1720, 2501, 2503, 2610, 2620,2621, 3620,3640) or switches (1912, 2950, 2960-8TC-L, 2960-24TT-L).
- Lab exercises for hands-on practice using Cisco switch and routers.
- Detailed help files provide step by step instructions on using the software to the fullest extent possible.
- Network designer provides drag and drop feature for inserting devices and connectors. GUI based device configurator.
- Support short form commands. You can type short form commands in IOS simulator for router/switch commands just like in actual router/switch.
- Connectors available are Serial, Ethernet, IsdnBri, Frame Relay, Fast Ethernet
- Ability to enable/disable navigation buttons
- Saving and reloading half completed labs
- Resetting individual and all labs to default
- Marking not attempted, not completed , completed labs in different color for easy identification.
- Bookmarking individual labs or bookmarking all labs under selected section
- Take Backup/Restore of lab progress
- Lab Manual provided for both GUI and console labs
- GUI based device configuration
The software is available for download here: