1. The following are the important characteristics of SDM:
1. SDM doesn’t use Telnet/SSH for communicating with the router. Actually,
a web server will be running on the router, and the client software will
be running on the host computer.
2. SDM uses web interface on a PC, and the user needs to connect to the router over an IP network and not through Console.
3. The configuration will be written to the router’s running configuration file only after the Finish button is pressed on the SDM wizard. Note that the configuration is not written to the start-up configuration.
4. SDM configuration wizard allows DHCP client services to be configured, with an option to add PAT services or not.
2. The Internet architecture provides an unregulated network path to
attack innocent hosts. Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks exploit this to target
mission-critical services. DoS attacks, are explicit attempts to block legitimate
users system access by reducing system availability. Any physical or host-based
intrusions are generally addressed through hardened security policies and
authentication mechanisms. Although software patching defends against some
attacks, it fails to safeguard against DoS flooding attacks, which exploit
the unregulated forwarding of Internet packets.
Disclaimer: CertExams.com is neither associated nor affiliated with Cisco® Systems, Inc. or any other company. CCENT™ is trademarks of Cisco® Systems and duly acknowledged. The cheatsheets and practice tests material is a copyright of CertExams.com and the same is not approved or endorsed by respective certifying bodies.