1. sh hosts ---> displays the host names and related IP addresses.
2. sh int s0 ---> Among other things, you can see the encapsulation type (layer 2) used.
3. Show version: The command displays
a. The current version of IOS running in a switch
b. Available hardware, RAM, Flash memory,
c. Switch uptime
d. Configuration register’s content
e. Reason for the last reload etc.
4. Show running-config [interface <type> <mod>/<num> | vlan <vlan-id> | module <mod>]: The command displays the contents of the configuration file. Show tech-support: The command is primarily used to send switch information to Cisco TAC support personnel. Verify flash:<filename> -This command is used to verify whether the Flash contents are intact, and not corrupted. The checksum of the flashfile specified is verified for correctness.
5. The command 'ipconfig' is one of the most widely used commands on
a Windows NT/98 computer in a network environment. The command displays
the following details:
1. Computer/host name
2. DNS servers IP addresses
3. IP routing enabled or not, WINS Proxy enabled or not
4. The network adapter details including IP address, subnet mask, default gateway etc.
6. The command traceroute <destination ip address> shows the hop by hop path through the IP network from the source device. The path is shown in terms of IP addresses (Layer 3 addresses) and not MAC addresses (Layer 2 addresses).
7. The command show interface serial 0 displays whether the interface is up, line protocol is up, LMI type, LMI DLCI, among other details.
8. The command show ip route displays the contents of the ip routing table.
9. Debug commands are useful to observe the switch responses in real time. To disable a debug command use “no debug” command. Using “no debug all” or “undebug all” command can disable all currently running debug commands.
Cert-Ex™ Exam Simulators, Cert-Ex™ Network Simulator, Cert-Ex™ Cheatsheets are written independently by CertExams.com and not affiliated or authorized by respective certification providers. Cert-Ex™ is a trade mark of CertExams.com or entity representing Certexams.com.