Description: This exercise helps in examining the default configurations of a switch and make changes to the configuration accordingly as required and view the changes.
1. Enter into privileged mode of a switch
2. Enter global configuration mode
3. Assign a name to the switch by setting its hostname
4. View the version of IOS running on the switch
5. View the running-configuration on the switch
6. View the interfaces on the switch initially
7. View the interfaces on the switch and their IP’s by issuing show ip interface command
8. Enter into global configuration mode and assign an ip address to the switch’s interface and make the interface up
9. Exit to privileged mode
View the IP Address configured by issuing show ip interface brief and
show interfaces command
Note: Please refer to the CertExams.com Lab Simulator For Network+ software for complete lab with commands.